Friday 26 May 2017

Wonder - R. J. Palacio

Image result for wonder book

I'd seen Wonder as a popular book that I often sold at my shop. I hadn't the faintest idea what it was about or whether it was the kind of thing I would like, until I read a blog post here on books you should read before they become films 2017. I read it in under three hours. It's that good. R. J. Palacio writes about a young boy named August starting school for the first time and about the genetic condition that impacts the perceptions of the people around him. There is a strong theme of kindness not always being easy but worth it in the end. It tells a story of finding true friends that see you for who you are, rather than what's on the surface. The picture R. J. Palacio paints is empathic and told from multiple perspectives. It is beautifully done, tearful in some places, fun in others. A wondrous book.

No comments:

Post a Comment