Friday 26 May 2017

Of the Red, the Light, and the Ayakashi - HaccaWorks & Nanao (Illustrator)

Image result for Of the Red, the Light, and the Ayakashi
A confusing first volume to say the least! Lots of characters and settings were introduced in relatively few pages but the story still holds a lot of appeal for me. I'm interested in the different perceptions of humans. Some of the Ayakashi refer to humans as "meals" and I'm worried about hopelessly naïve Yue who seems only genuinely concerned with befriending them! I've read some very good reviews on the series as a whole so am looking forward to seeing some of these plot points develop. The art style is gorgeous and consistent while still allowing the characters their own unique visual! I like it already but want to know if in later volumes whether or not I can come to love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment